Westeel has a current opening for a Production Scheduler for our Saskatoon operations. As an integral member of the Westeel planning team, you will plan and schedule the manufacture of our world-class agricultural storage products and work closely with the Production department to ensure the most efficient utilization of our plant. Working at the direction of the materials manager, you will establish, maintain and update a production schedule based on sales demand and forecasts, and communicate scheduling demands and give timely updates to a variety of departments. You will also:
- Ensure work load capacity and material planning support the production plan.
- Monitor and track work order progress to ensure the production schedule is followed.
- Ensure all work orders, inter-branch demands and NCR work orders are issued, received and closed on a timely basis.
- Maintain production history for future forecasts.
- Participate in weekly production meetings.
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure all required drawings and changes are completed.
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration or other related post secondary
- Proficiency in SAP or equivalent ERP system
- Awareness of relevant government regulations
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and QA principles
- Thorough knowledge of production accounting and planning processes
Please forward your application firstname.lastname@example.org