Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Shipping & Logistics Coordinator ensures that all orders are processed and shipped in a timely, cost effective manner.
- Supervises Shipping personnel in yard.
- Work with Evening Shift Supervisor to get product built for loads.
- Arranges manpower to maximize output.
- Fills out paperwork, including invoices, bills of lading, customs papers, waybills, etc.
- Ensure that pull copies are verified for accuracy and completeness prior to shipping.
- Ensures that all orders are shipped in full with no back orders (some exceptions)
- Ensures that all information required for month-end is processed in a timely manner
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations
- Coordinate the loading of truck on the evening shift
- Follow shipping schedule and distributing to affected personnel
- Orders lumber and other shipping supplies, as per established purchasing procedure
- Communicates shipping information to customers as required
- Checks pull copies & verify that order is complete prior to releasing order for shipment
- Confirms shipping orders
- Consolidates loads for maximum utilization of deck space
- Handles freight claims as required
- Fills in for Shipping Coordinator for back-up
- Trains all new employees
- Cross Train in receiving function for back-up
- Communication with Customer Service on customer deliveries
- Track shipping performance and cost savings
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 - 7 years previous shipping/receiving experience
- Enrolment in CITT/PLog designation an asset
- Knowledge of ISO procedures an asset
- Listening Ability
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task and execute a wide range of details and tasks quickly and effectively.
- Good judgement/problem solving ability along with strong customer service and relationship building skills.
- Able to work independently
- Ability to maintain records and keep track of all areas of responsibility
- Collaborative team player
- Willingness to work a variety of shifts (day and/or evening)
All applications can be sent by:
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, citing the position title in the Subject line and including salary expectations
Fax to: 204-235-0796
Mail to: the attention of Lindsey Kilcup at:
450 Desautels Street
We thank all applicants for their submission, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted